Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Inspiring

My pastor at church told the most amazing story the other day, and I just need to share it. So basically he was in the streets of Ottawa one day years ago, and he saw a woman running by, a young african American woman to be exact. A few momens later, he saw a group of white males run by as well. Immediately without thinking, he began to run as well. When he found the group, they were in an alley. The woman was cowering on the ground, and surrounding her were the men ferociously kicking her. Bruxy (my pastor) squeezed into the middle of the circle, spread out his hands and said  "I follow Jesus and that means that there are two things I cannot do: one is fight you, and two is sit by and do nothing, so all I can say is kill me first. Kill me first, just kill me." Now first the men were confused, "why is this man defending her, hes white?" Bruxy just kept repeatring "kill me, just kill me" . The guys ended up leaving, either because they were jsut so weirded out, or they were afraid of the poliece showing up. Either way, they left, and the woman was safe.

This story, honestly gives me so much hope. This man Inspires me to do so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment